Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I was wondering if anybody else would do this: My auratus right now looks kind of skinny, dont think im not feeding him or anything, but since i put him and my alanis back in the vivarium he seems skinny. I was wondering if it would be better to put him back in the i say 6 inches in diameter plastic container with a plant i had him in before till he looks healthy again?

Fast response would be great

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
sounds like he's being out competed by the tinc. I'd move him out. If he continues to eat, yet still looks skinny, get a stool sample and buy some panacur if needed for worms.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are tons of flies in the viv. Also the alanis is younger and smaller then the auratus.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i put the auratus in the smaller container but he still wont eat. I dont know what to do. I dont want him to die.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
its not good to stress him out more, but it may be a good idea to soak him in a little pedialyte to encourage him to eat. If you just moved him, he's probably just adjusting. Even frogs with worms will eat, but will just continue to lose weight. Have you seen him in the past actually eat?

What is the humidity, temperature, etc.? Worms may not even be the cause.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
still though, tincs are very aggressive frogs. They eat like mad. My shy mantellas would NEVER be able to withstand the sheer appetite and aggressiveness even if they were twice the size and required similar conditions.

There's a chance the tinc could of transmitted something to the auratus as well. There are multiple factors. All I can do is tell the same as Jo did, get a fecal done ASAP. I have done it before, and you should be able to buy panacur cheaply.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts