Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 20 gal. tank is set up. Ive been thinking about ordering a pair of azuerus but i was wondering if vittatus or something. I was just wondering if anyone had any good ideas. any other info is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
545 Posts
i'd strongly suggest leucs. I had azureus and they would breed for me but I ended up selling them and got leucs. AWESOME frogs the leucs are but I wouldn't suggest the vittatus because they tend to hid a bit. One thing to note is that the leucs will eat a TON of food, so get used to making cultures.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this isnt my first tank, ive had a 2 pairs of auratus for a few months. Leucs are a possibility but im not sure if there is enough climbing room for them

·
Registered
850 Posts
Terribilis are a quite enjoyable and resilient frog. They don't need much height in a tank either. They were my second frog and still one of my favorites. They are undoubtedly one of the boldest dart frogs.

P.S. This is in no way advertising for my classified ad. I would have posted this anyway.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Luecs, although attractive frogs, have been noted for shyness on more than a few occasions. Plus they need more moisture to breed. I would personally go with Azureus or Terribilis. They never hide no matter WHAT and would breed in liquid magma if they had to (not picky at all.)

Dustin

·
Registered
665 Posts
I dont know why everyone is so against Azureus as the first frogs. They are a little more costly than auratus or leucs but these were some of my first frogs. They are always out in the tank, hunting for food and just really active and visible. I think that they make great first frogs as they are just as hardy as the previously mentioned ones. Go with the frogs that you love to look at as you will take care of them better because you will be viewing them more. Just my thoughts.

rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts