Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I have a citronella that just seems to be somewhat stunted. I had a suspicion that it was growing slowly. Just to compare, I bought another (about the same length) and raised them together. Since then, the new frog has doubled in size, meanwhile...the original citronella has not grown much in length..although it has gotten fatter. Both are eating really well...active...everything seems fine. They're still in the same enclosure and I don't really have any plans to separate them yet even though one has grown much larger than the other. (they sleep together...it's really cute)

So my question is...which is a more reliable indicator of health...a frog's behavior or it's growth?

Ken

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Good question, does anyone know about there glands? Could be stunting their growth if one doesnt work. Like dwarfism with people.. Just a wild guess though.

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Like aready mentioned you may have a pair. As long as they are active and eating, they should be ok. Just keep an eye on them, to make sure it does not get smaller or less active.

KHobalt said:
I have a citronella that just seems to be somewhat stunted. I had a suspicion that it was growing slowly. Just to compare, I bought another (about the same length) and raised them together. Since then, the new frog has doubled in size, meanwhile...the original citronella has not grown much in length..although it has gotten fatter. Both are eating really well...active...everything seems fine. They're still in the same enclosure and I don't really have any plans to separate them yet even though one has grown much larger than the other. (they sleep together...it's really cute)

So my question is...which is a more reliable indicator of health...a frog's behavior or it's growth?

Ken

1 - 5 of 5 Posts