Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody else makes little froggy fact sheets for each of their vivariums like I do? Sort of like what zoo's put on those informational plaques outside of each enclosure. I try to make them pretty formal, including things like the scientific + common name, location and elevation the frog is found at in nature, the specific lineage/import of that frog and the sex ratio of frogs in the tank.
These are then usually printed out and taped to the side of my tanks.

Does anybody else do this? I think knowing more about the background of these frogs is really fun and this is one way I get to do it. It also helps when people come over and look at my vivariums they can read the little fact sheets on the tank and possibly learn something new!:D

·
Registered
478 Posts
I printed up small pictures of my frogs and put them on the front of the viv to prove to visitors that YES there are frogs in there and this is what they look like. Mostly they are hiding in the evenings when people are over

·
Premium Member
2,752 Posts
I do have fact sheets about the species I keep but I do not tape them to my vivs because 1) they are too long/detailed and 2) they would detract from what I am trying to accomplish with a display tank, IMO.

I prefer to know some of those facts and use them in conversation while people look into the vivs trying to get a glimpse of the elusive frogs.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have been thinking about doing that. Even made the attached in my spare time.(colors didnt come out as desired) Don't know if I'll actually end up doing it though.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I've been meaning to make some nice little fact sheets on each of my darts, but just haven't gotten around to it.

Although, a while back, I did make some laminated printouts on some of my other herp species when I brought them as a special earth day "exhibit" to a local nature center.

John

EDIT: I'm planning to do something very similar to your design Richard. Yours turned out great:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts