4,749 Posts
Some new frogs

Blue Jeans, Brent Brock line.

Highland auratus

Some male escudo

Blue form of Mantella pulchra

A. pepperi

Mantella bernhardi

Also picked up a breeding group of A. zaparo (as well as a developing egg clutch!) but didn't get a chance to take photos.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Matt:

From a newbie, thanks so much for affording me an opportunity to meet a bunch of great froggers. Richard did a great job at the first workshop for newbies. As you know, the room was packed---standing room only and went longer than the time slot scheduled. Richard put the whole hobby in perspective for me.

I was fortunate the night before Frog Day to join some of the top froggers in the hobby---sure was out of my league, but they are a great group of guys and made me feel very welcome.

Picked up three Bastimentos (and they're still alive)!

Thanks, again, Matt and all who made this possible.

Ed
It was great to finally meet you Ed. Its always nice to meet new froggers that are respectful of both the community and its members. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Alex,

U didnt walk away with my Lowland Fantastica did you :eek:

JK, of course...

Although some 'pleasant' NYer did steal it off my table...:mad::mad:

THANK YOU NEW YORK :p:p
Trust me I was too busy drooling over your other frogs to think about those Fants, but Wow shawn that sucks. I remember seeing them when I was at your table around noon time.

It is a shame, but the whole time I was there, I could not stop thinking about how many frogs would be stolen. Most venders had about 5 people at their table at one time and People where picking up containers and looking at them and everyone was walking around with frogs in their hands. It was just too busy to look after everything.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
having frogs in the larger containers def made it easier to regulate. however, someone could easily have walked off with the pumilio that I was selling. Just sad.

·
Registered
19,312 Posts
Shawn,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a frog stolen. I know some of the local shows it had gotten bad enough that the vendors had to place supplied sold stickers on all sales. If you had something without a sold sticker the people at the entrances wouldn't let you leave.

Ed

·
Registered
16 Posts
A great big thank you to all responsible for arranging and running Frog Day 2011. I had a fantastic time despite having the worse allergy attack in years. Went to 3 of the talks and learned from each one.

And a very big thank you to Barbara Strong who donated the 3 P Vitattus I happily won at the auction (one is watching me from his/her new home as I type this).

Can we do it again next month? :)

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Hi Mordoria,

Thanks for the compliment. When Matt asked me to take one of the workshops a week before FD, I assumed to see about 5-10 people at 11:00AM. The standing room only was a bit shocking. As almost anyone who knows me, knows that I love to talk, so it was a pleasure to spend some time with such a receptive group.

You are welcome back over to Staten Island any time! Richard.

Whoa! Im totally freaked!! So I left the show at 12:00 to catch a 12:24 bus. I usually go down by the water there to look for cool driftwood. I had so much great stuff from the show that I decided to just go another day when I had less to carry. If the police said that a biker found the body at 1:00. IT WOULD OF BEEN ME that found the body at 12:ish when I went looking for wood. FREAKY

I so glad that I diddent because that would of put a wicked cloud on my Frog Day

Also, I wanted to thank you Richard for giving such an amazing Q&A in the basement. My girlfriend and I sat in the front. She learned a bunch and I was happy to pick up some tidbits. Hopefully, I can see your "kids" one day. You seem like the Tinc master!!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sad, The reciept thing is a good idea but there isn't anyone to enforce it at the exit? So what good is it really doing. I would be willing to preform illegal searches and pat downs at the exit. i dont give a rats ass.
On a brighter note the the yellow belly I picked up was a female because in less then 48 hrs I have 6 eggs in a film container! Now what do i do leave them and hope for the best? By the way great show. Saw a lot of frogs I only dream about. John
MY single male at home hated this good news :) ... if you find another probale female can you let me know :) or if you know anyone in need a proven male :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Seeing these pics makes me pretty jealous. Even as a west-coaster, though, I surprisingly recognized some faces...dying to know which one is Ed.

Sorry to hear about the theft, Shawn. I've noticed a few vendors at shows around here keeping all the animal containers under netting lately. They just bring a few at a time out by request. It get's cumbersome, but I guess that's just the way it is now. Speaking as someone who has given away a good share of frogs (as I'm sure you have too), it's really the inconsiderateness of it that galls me.

Oh well, glad you all had fun. It looked like a great show.

·
Registered
19,312 Posts
Seeing these pics makes me pretty jealous. Even as a west-coaster, though, I surprisingly recognized some faces...dying to know which one is Ed.
If I'm the Ed to which you refer, I didn't make it to this one.

Ed

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'm glad she found a good home, and for a great cause. She's (hopefully) been quite lonely with me.

Couldn't say it any better myself!!!

The auction was a little to rich for your blood on the matechos?? I thought that was a steal. $90 for four sub adults is less that $25 each!!! And the two froglets I donated sold for $40...all that money went to a great cause to conservation groups.

I was completely shocked when I won my female Bri-Bri for $125...that was the best deal I have ever gotten on a frog!!! Here is a picture of her from my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thank you Matt and family, and volunteers/vendors for putting together another great Frog Day! Excellent workshops and speakers; I particularly enjoyed seeing the progress made in Madagascar by Devin and company.

I was, however, disappointed seeing wild-caught frogs for sale at a well-known and respected vendor's table. I hope at future events vendors will conduct the sale or trading of WC animals before or after the show, or at the very least, keep them off display.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Thank you Matt and family, and volunteers/vendors for putting together another great Frog Day! Excellent workshops and speakers; I particularly enjoyed seeing the progress made in Madagascar by Devin and company.

I was, however, disappointed seeing wild-caught frogs for sale at a well-known and respected vendor's table. I hope at future events vendors will conduct the sale or trading of WC animals before or after the show, or at the very least, keep them off display.
I am disappointed to hear this. It was suppose to be a captive-bred only show. I didn't see wild-caught animals, but barely got a chance to really look around myself. Please pm me with who and what was for sale that was wc.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
If you could PM me what you witnessed, I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Richard.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey Shawn,
Did you have more than one fantastica? Because I definitely bought one from you. That day.

·
Premium Member
5,602 Posts
Sam, you are The Man :)

OMG :eek::eek: the shear embarrassment :eek::eek:

[I may be going senile]

here it comes.......wait for it..... I'm an idiot.:eek::eek:

I seriously and honestly didn't recall the sale.....and got myself all worked up and angered over absolutely nothing....

New York, I'm sorry.

Matt, of course, I'm sorry.

Now, I sulk away, crawl under a rock.....never to be heard from again....like that Derek kid :(:(. Good bye DB, good bye my friends....

Best,

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
That is just too funny, Shawn.

I would say it could only happen to you, but it could also only happen to me.

Glad to hear we can call-off the storm troopers!

Take care, Richard.

301 - 320 of 342 Posts