Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
I woulda have to agree it looks like a 2.1 but that being said do they do this when they see you?

My azureus jump on the hut near the front when they want food.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Females eh? That would explain total lack of eggs. I bought them as One female, and one pair. Suppose a seller could have been mistaken. They do tend to line up like this when I'm around.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
the furthest right frog is definitely a male IMO. the toepads are twice as large as the other 2, and i've noticed my males have lighter toepads than females. just my opinion...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Females eh? That would explain total lack of eggs. I bought them as One female, and one pair. Suppose a seller could have been mistaken. They do tend to line up like this when I'm around.
Whoops sorry if I wasnt clear. You have at least a pair there IMO The one on the far right is def a male. The one on the left looks to be a female. The one in the middle is a little difficult at that angle.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
I've found visually sexing azureus can sometimes be difficult, especially when they are several generations away from F0. I would say either 0.3 or 1.2, with the one on the right most likely being a female, but possibly a male. Look at the back shape, and how the frog holds itself. Also, if it was a male, I'd bet it would be up front getting it's back rubbed ;)

How old are the frogs, and how long have you had them?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's all guessing but They are about 3 years old I think I bought them at different times but they have all been with me for about 2 years. I've wondered if maybe I had the sexing wrong as I have seen no rubbing or eggs.

Here are some photos I took a while back of them.

Frog #1

This is what I suspect is a female. She is larger and stays nice and round. This is the frog on the far left in the cocohut pic.

Frog #2

This frog is the 2nd largest and the frog in the middle of the cocohut picture

Frog #3

This guy is the smallest. I always figured it was a runt or something. It tends to stay off on it's own and be less bold.

They all seen to have the same slope back so I may be willing to guess 0.3 as well but a little while back I recorded this. It's what I assumed was an azureus call. you can see the frogs in the far left and far right in the cocohut pic in the video and neither seem to be puffing up as if they were calling so I assumed the frog in the center was a calling male.

·
Registered
646 Posts
. Also, if it was a male, I'd bet it would be up front getting it's back rubbed ;)
I think the back rubbing in the picture might be pure coincidence. As I said before I think they are all just awaiting food and will jump all over eachother to get noticed.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol maybe. They've all been hanging out inside the same cocohut together. Oh well, no eggs but they are fun to watch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts