Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Random story time.... After reading quite a few posts with people joking about having some "special herbs" in vivs, I was reminded of an interesting time in my life. Last year during the snow storm that hit, I lived in Maryland, and my power was out. So after sitting in my bed with temp tanks under the covers with me for a few hours, yes I have slept with frogs, I decided it was time to go to a friends house in order to keep the frogs warm. So I loaded up the tanks into a big truck and headed over. After repeatedly explaining to my friends pop that they werent literally poison dart frogs (should have went with amazon crayon frogs), he said whatever and I hauled em to my friends room. Later that night we were sitting in his room and he decides to light up a blunt filled with "precious herbs", and I was on the computer when I heard a shuffle in the leaves in a tank, only to look over and see dwarf cobalts piled up on a stem closest to where my friend was smoking. They looked like kids seeing the 500 dollar phone you bought and told them not to touch it. So that raised my eyebrows, and I think that we have some new pro legalizing supporters.. haha

·
Registered
218 Posts
Great story but bad idea....I have had a frog die once because of this so called "blunt" trauma. A friend and I did the same thing hanging out in my frog room while partaking in some recreational activities and not even thinking I had this one tank open explaining (in detail lol) the frog and its setup. The next day my frog was face down inside of a brom just dead and the other frog in the tank was wasted. When I say wasted I mean still alive but allowing flies to crawl all over her and I was able to just pick the frog up and touch it without the little thing even moving. I gave her 2 days and she was back to normal. As much as I love to indulge my frogs are more important so it has been about 2 years since this has happened and I would say that I will for sure never do something like that again (In my frog room) because it took me a loss to realize that frogs just can't hang.......:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts