Dendroboard banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok well I finally got my friend who is a vet to come over, she had class all day and was nice enough to come to my house to help with my frogs everted stomach, so lucky to have an exotic vet for a friend!

Anyway she had seen this multiple times in the past and had a solution for it, I held the frog while she took a Q-tip soaked in KY Jelly and gently pushed the frogs stomach back into its mouth and into its proper position the frog made a gulping action and the stomach seemed to suck back into place, as of right now the frog appears to be fine and its stomach is staying put, she suggested not to feed the frog for another couple days just to make sure that the stomach settles back in to place as eating could trigger it to come out again.

Thanks again everyone for your help, I was wondering if the mods could put this up as a sticky along with the link that Ed sent me so that other froggers can read this if they run into any problems

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Was the regurgitated stomach rinsed free of particles prior to the forced repositioning? I must say, I am sorry this has happened. What was the determined cause? Some plants have spines/secretions that may have been accidentally ingested causing this unfortunate upheaval.If not, I would contact the seller and express my displeasure. Maybe this is a "trouble" frog they chose to unload on you? Best of luck!

JBear

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yes the stomach was rinsed free of particles prior to replacing it and I am friends with the person I bought them from and they would not have given me a problem frog on purpose (not to say that this is even a problem frog, just a weird occurance), its rare that this even happened and I have no idea as to the cause, so I will be keeping this frog in quarantine until I am sure that nothing else is wrong with it, I'm hoping that this frog just happened to swallow something that didn't agree with its stomach and that it was trying to rid its body of something

·
Registered
19,322 Posts
Thanks for the update.

Ed

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
The frog appears to be fine now and its stomach has remained in place for close to 48 hrs, I'm going to keep it in quarantine until I know for sure that it has no underlying health problems
When do you plan on offering food?

JBear

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
We're all crossing our fingers for you. Wish I could send him a get well card and a bouquet of chocolate covered isopods!

Reactions: Broseph
21 - 29 of 29 Posts