Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,313 Posts
That is an overly generalized stAtement very untrue for many Viv appropriate orchids. Not only that, but creating a low humidity environment for humidity loving plants seems like a bad idea

·
Registered
8,313 Posts
Gotcha. I guess if you can control the humidity to your liking then it sounds good, bit to me it sounds over complicated. I think a few well placed exhaust fans at the top of the Viv could accomplish what you need.

·
Registered
8,313 Posts
Phals yes, many phrags do require more moisture than that. Phrag bessae does well in standing water. Most phrags will get much larger than that set up will allow. Mine have leaf spans of 24" or more, except for bessae and bessae hybrids

·
Registered
8,313 Posts
I like all other jewels better than Ludisia. I really like Cyclopogon and Sarcoglottis the best. I like the silver foliage and the rosette growth habit better than the rambling habit of Ludisia

·
Registered
8,313 Posts
Nah they do fine. I had one for three years in an old Viv that did great. Cyclopogon is smaller but similar looking so I recommend it as a more versatile plant. I think my S. Sceptrodes was over a foot wide when I tore down the tank it was in. The flowers aren't very showy, but people dont like jewels for their blooms

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.