Dendroboard banner

forgot not to use tap water anyway to fix the smudges

980 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Shinosuke 
#1 ·
My tank has been set up for a few days and i remember reading not to use tap water initially forgot about that and used tap water to get the substrate semi wet and watered the plants with it I've been wiping the glass to make sure nothin builds up and drys is there anything I can do to fix this and I'm getting distilled water today should I use that or just let things dry. And only add distilled water to the plants

#4 ·
Well now I feel insensitive.

But back to the point, I have used tap to mist here and there before I got my own DI filter, and all I have noticed is some residue after the water dries. Just spray that with DI later, and wipe the glass down, and you'll be good to go.

Reactions: monty89
#6 ·
Cool! You'll love the mistking. I have one and it mists all 6 of my vivariums for me. Be sure to use DI with that, since tap can shorten the life of the pump.

Everthing else looks good, get some more plants in there and then frogs eventually!

#8 ·
I would definitely get a few more species of plant in there. you definitely will need some ground plants and few vines on the background to fill that in. Also, if you're keeping thumbnails, a few nice neoregalia wouldn't hurt.

#9 ·
I strted with tap waper also until I lerned by reading here not to use it so now I am using it wel I'm using ro water is that not going to do the trick or do I need to use distiled water im not wating to get off to a bad start with all this bild up I keep hearing about I guess I will use distilled from now on and se how it goes everything seems to be good so far

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.