Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yes, another name would be eco-earth; bed-a-beast, etc. Their all the same thing anyway, and that is coconut husk.

Great bedding. I use it for all my terrariums. Youd be surprised actually how much soil you get from one brick.

M.N

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Yeah, I use coco husk ground wich works great, suposed to last five years to which is amazing compared to most things.

Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
one thing about this stuff...

You need to try to avoid leaving any of it exposed as it will cover your frogs and everything else including the sides of the viv. Also, it is best used with gravel or other aerating medium to prevent it from matting up and retaining too much water. I have used this stuff extensively and find it great for plants but it tends to be very messy.

-Bill J.

·
Administrator
8,733 Posts
kyle1745 said:
2 parts fine tree fern fiber
[/quote]Hey Kyle... you likely get this stuff the same place I do (OFE), just in case you do NOT... tell me where you do!

I'd like to use someone other than OFE if given a choice.

I'm also planning on using small coco husk chips instead of fine fir bark - but now I can't find the site that I saw those (cheaply!) at.

s

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
I left that out of mine. I just added a little more bark.

Scott said:
kyle1745 said:
2 parts fine tree fern fiber
Hey Kyle... you likely get this stuff the same place I do (OFE), just in case you do NOT... tell me where you do!

I'd like to use someone other than OFE if given a choice.

I'm also planning on using small coco husk chips instead of fine fir bark - but now I can't find the site that I saw those (cheaply!) at.

s[/quote]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts