Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just set up my mistking with my 10 gallon, and I love it. However, I'm getting mist on the front glass and it's directed at the back wall. Is this normal? I mean, it's a small tank to begin with, so I don't expect every water particle to float away from the front glass, but is there a way to cut this down?

Also, I notice that the pump itself has four holes for mounting. Does anyone mount the pump to anything?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I didn't mount mine to anything, you can so it doesn't rattle if your having that kinda problem....The only thing you could do is try and move the nozzle so it points higher towards the top of the tank. With it being a 10g though I don't think you will beable toget away from some of the mist not hitting the front anyway unless you add a piece of plastic or something to deflect it. The front of my 60g cube gets hit with one of the nozzles, doesn't hurt the visability much. Actually better then the front fogging up then you can see anything.....

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
It's going to spread out and wet the glass. Nothing you can do about that. Your glass is going to fog anyway if your viv is humid enough for frogs. You could consider the use of an internal circulation fan to clear the front glass. They work very well but you have to build them yourself. I am away from my computer right now but if you pm me, I can supply with a couple of links on building internal circulation fans.
I don't bother with bolting my pump down.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I have two..The one attached to my 75 gallon is mounted underneath the tank in the cabinet.. But you don't have to mount it.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Since the original post seems to be answered, I thought Id post my question here since my title would be the same as this one.

I am building a rack with 18x18x18 tanks and a mistking system. Would you go with single nozzle per tank or dual nozzle.

I am going with the ultimate value setup, but am thinking of going with premium nozzles. They are only a few bucks more, and figured why not. I dont need the premium pump because I am only going to be misting 6 tanks. Are the premium nozzles worth the extra few bucks?

(I did a search and found a few related threads but not exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
The standard nozzles are all you need. They throw exactly the same mist pattern. The premium are a heavy duty, glass reinforced, nylon instead of just nylon. But I've never heard of anyone stripping one out so why bother. A single mist head should suffice for that size viv.

Reactions: Frank H

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Thank you very much Doug. Ill trust your post and order now. Value nozzles it is, and single nozzle per vivarium it is.

·
Registered
430 Posts
value nozzles are what I use, and I find that 1 is enough for 18cube
I sometimes use two nozzle in 18x18x24 tho, but you might end up with too much water

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Cool, I ordered single nozzle's for the 18 cubes, and a dual for my 40 breeder vert.

I appreciate the responces FwoGiZ and Doug.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Anytime Frank, you can just send your first-morphed my way and we'll call it even!;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts