Dendroboard banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get replacement fogger disks for the the fogger made by exo-terra? Do they have a site, because i cant seem to find these things?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Last time I checked, Cindy at Vivarium Concepts sells those. She is a sponsor of the board. http://www.vivariumconcepts.com

Uncle Sal said:
Anyone know where I can get replacement fogger disks for the the fogger made by exo-terra? Do they have a site, because i cant seem to find these things?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
I just looked at her site and didn't see them, you might want to contact her to see if she still offers them>

Melis

melissa68 said:
Last time I checked, Cindy at Vivarium Concepts sells those. She is a sponsor of the board. http://www.vivariumconcepts.com

Uncle Sal said:

Thanks

G

·
bigappleherp.com carries them, but the generic ones will work just as well as long as they are the same size. i think the exoterra ones are 16mm, maybe 24.

G

·
it depends on how much water you have it it. It works by basically moving the water at ultrasonic speed causing it to break up. The mist that they produce is cool, but the friction of the water does heat it up and if it has no room to disapate the heat it can build. If you have it in a small container, less than a quart of water will heat up pretty quick. also the other thing to note on this is that if a frog touches the disk, he will most probably die. the disk will push water through the skin into it's body. i touched the disk once on my fogger and i had a bruise for a few weeks (not to mention it hurt like hell) You are better off having a separate containter and pump the fog into it rather than putting the fogger in the tank.

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
I doubt it was the heat...

Ryan,

Have you ever placed your finger on top of one of these when they are operating? Feels like someone is pushing some very sharp needles though your finger...it is very painful.

How do you think a frog would hold up to that? They wouldn't. Yes, they do produce heat as well, but the vibrations will and do kill frogs.

Melis

Ryan said:
It gets so hot it killed a FBT

·
Registered
269 Posts
If your trying to maintain humidity why don't you run a cheap external fogger (cool mist hunidifier) that you can purchace from Wal-Mart or WallGreens for $30-45 and pipe in the fog via 1-1/2" PVC pipe. I've been running my 75gal this way without any problems for more then a year and a half.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Mlissa! Yes i did that and i pulled my hand back real fast and broke my lid! it scared me like crazy. It did it to my brohter also. I dont trust those, i will stick with the humidifier methods.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts