Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Creating a tree trunk from GS foam over a mold i made. Have it smoothed down after a fair amount of sanding and trimming. Questions i have are:
Do i seal it with drylok and if so can i fill some of the gaps with coco fiber and moss after drylok? I heard that silicon does not stick well to Drylok.
2. Should i just silicone over GS foam and then apply fiber and moss?

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Personally, I’d coat it with drylok tinted with concrete tint or paint it, then apply some epoxy resin. In my experience, silicone that is applied to drylok coated great stuff will retain applied coco fiber for the most part.

To make a faux tree trunk, I’d probably use pcv pipe or styrofoam…..That’s just me though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally, I’d coat it with drylok tinted with concrete tint or paint it, then apply some epoxy resin. In my experience, silicone that is applied to drylok coated great stuff will retain applied coco fiber for the most part.

To make a faux tree trunk, I’d probably use pcv pipe or styrofoam…..That’s just me though.
Thank you for your reply!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Creating a tree trunk from GS foam over a mold i made. Have it smoothed down after a fair amount of sanding and trimming. Questions i have are:
Do i seal it with drylok and if so can i fill some of the gaps with coco fiber and moss after drylok? I heard that silicon does not stick well to Drylok.
2. Should i just silicone over GS foam and then apply fiber and moss?

I'm not sure what gaps you have that need filling in but I would opt for stuffing the gaps with sphagnum moss like in the old cork bark mosaic builds.

Since you are doing drylock and foam tree trunks, here is an old build that might be of interest to you:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts