Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be visiting Washington state and coming back on March 1st. On the way back, I will be transporting PDFs. I am flying Southwest Airlines and I'm wondering if I am going to have a problem. As suggested, I am not going to carry anything metal in the carry-on bag to bring attention to the frogs. Does anyone have any experience with this?

TIA,

· Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the quick response guys!

I am going to follow Scott's advice and have my parents there for back up. If security spots the PDFs, I'll play dumb and say that I had no clue there was such a policy and very humbly pass off the frogs to my parents to ship that day! Wish me luck.

· Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well that was easier than I thought...I guess security has more important things to be searching for! They did not even look my way. I followed Scott's advice and did not keep anything metal in my carry-on; just clothes, frogs and tadpoles. :wink:

· Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Scott said:
[edit: i just read marcos note - I've sent dozens (probably closer to 75) frogs through XRay machines with nary a problem. Lots of breeding from them also.]
Many of the most prominent Pacific NW breeders have done it without a problem many generations through.

· Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
LOL. Frog in a bag! :lol:

Like I said before, many many breeders and hobbiest alike have travelled with their frogs in a carry-on with no problem. This the first time that I have travelled with them and certainly not the last.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.