Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I set up my tank a few weeks ago. It is a 20 gallon high tank and I set it up for a pair/trio of D. Auratus dart frogs. It has LECA clay balls in the bottom offset by weed block, then ABG mix and coco fiber.

The problem is that I think that the whole bottom and half way though the substrate is underwater!:eek::confused: I have been misting the tank to make sure my humidity stayed stable before I got the frogs and so that the plants didn't run out of water.

I also have a running water feature through the middle of my tank with a pond that holds the water. The pond is blocked from the substrate by a piece of plexiglass so I don't think that that is the problem. Also I have a small pump in the water pond that pumps water through a small plastic tube to the "river" in the middle of the tank.

Are the clay balls being under water a problem? Or can I just leave it that way?

Thanks for the help,
Frogilla

·
Registered
691 Posts
You will need to drain out some of your false bottom. I'd recommend leaving an inch or more space between the water and your weed block.

I would also recommend turning off the pump to your water feature when you drain the false bottom and leave it off for a day after you drain the false bottom and check to make sure your water feature isn't leaking.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.022770,-117.120694

1 - 2 of 2 Posts