Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found Quickcrete concrete bonding adhesive at Home Depot. Looks to ba a perfect substitute for Flevopol, since that's not available in the US. I'm building a new 10G vert and it should work much better than the silicone/coco procedure. It's also water resistant so moisture won't seep through or behind. I'll be sure to take construction photos and compare the difference when finished.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've played with it a bit as well and it's not bad. I'm very picky though and haven't produced anything I really liked, but I blame that completely on myself, not the product.
j

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I started working with a 30 gallon tank that was in less than mint shape and worked sections at a time letting each dry first and then trying to solve what I didn't like about the previos.
j

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I am using the same stuff from ace. Its prolly gonna be a while because i am realy trying to make something great with it.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I would, but this viv i am working on is 25% water section, and the concrete primer will be underwater in some parts. I hope it will do ok through that!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now here's the real question. Is the concrete bonding adhesive water proof after it dries or should I have got the acrylic concrete mix?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cement in mixture and sika in the states?

Hi!

In sweden, the closest to Flevopol is Sika and there product Sikacem830, maybe you have something like that over there?

http://hem.bredband.net/anders_risberg/ ... 20047.html

I made my first sikatank about a year ago and now i have learned a lot =)
First of all, dont only use soil, sika and water.. its to short fibers, so i doensnt hold togeheter as good as i want..

Now i have made 3 new tanks, with a little bit differnt blend, i use cocoshumus, cocochips, soil, sand, just a little cement, water and sikacem830 :idea:

Have just started to decorate the new tanks and the new mix, its MUCH better then the first mix, holding up real good and i think the plants and mosses will love it! :lol:

have some mixed pictures at:

http://hem.bredband.net/anders_risberg/index.html

regards, anders

1 - 20 of 25 Posts