Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently tearing out silicone on the bottom front third of my exo 18" cube.

My question is what is the best way to ensure a tight seal where there used to be silicone (i have scraped it off as much as possible with a razor blade)?

Also, at the joint where there is silicone to remain, how do i make sure that water doesnt leak/seep through there?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well i went ahead and did the work anyway.

Razor bladed it all off, scraped as much as physically possible off the glass. Then i used acetone to try and clean off anything that could possibly be on the glass. Added the silicone and siliconed way over the joints where the old silicone was to try and seal it off as best as i could.

Hopefully this fixes the leak. If not, im going to need to tear down the enclosure and redo all the silicone.:(

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Gorilla glue cures well in wet conditions---you could apply that over the leaked area. It expands when it dries and it's not invisible, so apply sparingly.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Gorilla glue cures well in wet conditions---you could apply that over the leaked area. It expands when it dries and it's not invisible, so apply sparingly.
Gorilla glue forms a pretty weak bond with glass, I wouldn't trust it to maintain a water-tight seal over time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts