Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found three eggs on a brom leaf in my vent tank today.....about an hour earlier I heard calling for the first time (usually can't hear because of the fans) I can't decide if I want to pull them out and do it myself or leave them in and leave it all to the parents and chance......

Bill, weird that we were just talking about it yesterday....

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
NICE, congrats, up to you to see if they will care for them. It could take them a few clutches to get it right. If they are in a place you can watch them just keep an eye on them. I'm trying to get my azureus to care for some tads, but so far no luck.

MBMcEwen said:
Found three eggs on a brom leaf in my vent tank today.....about an hour earlier I heard calling for the first time (usually can't hear because of the fans) I can't decide if I want to pull them out and do it myself or leave them in and leave it all to the parents and chance......

Bill, weird that we were just talking about it yesterday....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks...I know what you are saying, but honestly, with my schedule, a crackhead with no teeth would do better caring for the tads than me....so the parents coudn't do worse.

How about your vents? anything yet?

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Nope nothing from mine yet, though my fants are up to something, and my imitators have been trying I think. Just hopes at this point until I see some eggs. I don't see my vents enough to tell what they are up to, but hear one calling every morning.

MBMcEwen said:
thanks...I know what you are saying, but honestly, with my schedule, a crackhead with no teeth would do better caring for the tads than me....so the parents coudn't do worse.

How about your vents? anything yet?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Way to go Matt! Be prepared to be overan with these guys!! Glad everything worked out great and that you got them producing! :) :)

-Bill J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BillJohnson said:
Way to go Matt! Be prepared to be overan with these guys!! Glad everything worked out great and that you got them producing! :) :)

-Bill J.
Thanks Bill. I heard a faint buzzing yesterday evening and figured it must be calling. I havent "seen" it yet. Can you "see" that they are caaling by their throat sacks? Anyway, I started looking around and there was a clutch of what looks like 3 on a brom leaf.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Matt,

Yes, you can see them call quite easily. Their vocal sacs don't expand nearly as much as the pumilio do but it is very noticeable. I have heard from alot of people that they can hear them call but never actually see them. Being deaf, I have never heard any of my frogs call but have always visually witnessed it. I guess it's my frogs gift to me for being deaf. ;)

-Bill J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok cool. I will keep my eyes open. The problem is they/he always stops when I come in front of the tank. Maybehe will get more comfortable with me around. I removed the eggs and they molded in about a day.

Should eggs be kept in one mass or seperated?

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have heard mine calling as well, but never witnessed it. They have the same reaction as yours do. With the last 2 clutches of eggs that I have removed from the brom they have both molded over extremely quickly. The next time I plan to keep the eggs in place and just flush out the brom leaf with clean water every day. With my last batch of eggs I also noticed small white worms in the egg mass, I know this cant be good for the eggs, but I'm hoping it isnt bad for the frogs.

Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts