Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index.pl?photo=141536url

This is a picture of my first dart frog tank. I took it right after I was done placing the final plants. It still needs to settle and grow, but I was excited to get it finally done. I modeled it after the forest floor with a little stream on the side. All I need now is some frogs. Any suggestions are welcome.

Andy

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Terribilis

If I were to get Terribilis, how many would u suggest. It is a 29 gallon.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great looking viv!! Also nice to see my background idea being used by others...so far it is still holding up and looks great!

-Bill J.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would agree 4 terriblis would do great. I use 29 gallons for all my darts except thumbnails. Even a trio of Tincs and Azureus seem to have enough space without fighting.

·
Registered
291 Posts
WOW

That's a great looking tank. What did you use for the background? It looks like stones with some sort of mortar.......

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For the Back ground I just used Bill's idea. I got cork sheeting from Walmart and siliconed that onto the back of the tank. Then i bought some orchid potting mix and used the pieces of bark and individually siliconed them to the cork sheeting. That took me about 2 hours but o well I have time on my hands. I just got a new ivy for the tank so hopefully that will add a little green to the tank. All I need now are the frogs, i think I am going to do leucs. I am trying to get a 55 and do terribilis in that. Good summer project.

thanks for all the support ya'll

Andy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts