Dendroboard banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m almost done, but any feedback is welcomed. I know that most people prefer bulkhead, but I’m doing a hand siphon for now from the tallest piece of pvc. Using egg crate and substrate mesh with a hole cut out for this. 18x18x24 with full spectrum LED nicrew light

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks good, interesting idea to plant before adding substrate. Once you’ve put some in I think some of those plants would prefer to be on the ground- the syngonium, pilea and the begonia in the top right.

Do you plan to add some hardscape? That would increase surface area for the frogs and add nice depth to the setup. I like the shelves you incorporated in the background!

Do you have an idea of what frogs you want?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good, interesting idea to plant before adding substrate. Once you’ve put some in I’d consider moving the pilea and the syngonium in the top right to the ground as they can get tallish. Do you plan to add some hardscape? That would increase surface area for the frogs and add nice depth to the setup. I like the shelves you incorporated in the background!
Thanks!! I was waiting for the substrate mesh in the mail before doing the bottom, just planted yesterday but gonna add substrate tonight. Do you mean hardscaping the sides? Because I did what I thought was hardscaping the back but I could potentially do more.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks!! I was waiting for the substrate mesh in the mail before doing the bottom, just planted yesterday but gonna add substrate tonight. Do you mean hardscaping the sides? Because I did what I thought was hardscaping the back but I could potentially do more.
Oh smart. i mean adding some wood/vines/cork tube into the middle (doesnt need to be foamed in just placed there) - it would give the frogs more hiding/climbing/laying spots! I’m just a fan of cramming wood into tanks hahah

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh smart. i mean adding some wood/vines/cork tube into the middle (doesnt need to be foamed in just placed there) - it would give the frogs more hiding/climbing/laying spots! I’m just a fan of cramming wood into tanks hahah
Oh yea I have a piece of manzanita wood and several cork tubes and cork bark pieces that I’ll be arranging

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I have a couple pieces of cork bark, cork tubes, and manzanita wood I'm going to be adding to the front area so it's busier. Maybe I will add more plants to the front as well. I'm going to give it a little longer then to establish and then I'm going to be putting two Dendrobates auratus froglets in there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts