Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the same basic set-up as the first viv pic, except for a redone great foam background. Got lazy with the silicone and missed some spots (plus used the white silicone, instead of the black), and it still needs some plants, but here it is so far. Whatta you all think? oh, and thanks in advance if anyone can better post this pic. Thanks everyone.

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index.ph ... user=68425

G

·
I think it looks a lot better. I made the same mistake with buying the wrong color silicone. It can be a real pain

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An other thing I did wrong was that I was too anxious to set the tank up, so I tried to vaccuum off the excess fiber before the silicon was totally dried. Needless to say, it was quite messy!

G

·
Looks good to me. I have my bicolors viv that when I set it up I used dark cork tiles and siliconed pieces of corkbark to it.It had spaces and kinda looked like hell but with the right choice of plants and letting things grow in some it looks great now.So, I'd say leave it where it is and get some epiphytic plants and enjoy it :wink:
MW

·
Registered
621 Posts
In my last great stuff style viv. I used 3 cans of bronze. That was all i had so when it ran out i had a clear tube. The bronze cost $5 and the clear was $2. So i had the clear tube for emergencies because it was so cheap. It definitely doesnt look as good, but in a pinch it finished the tank for me.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've only just set up the tank within the last few days, so I'm not sure about the ferns and their water. I dont know if i'll leave them there or not. I think they were more like a quick fix to cover up the background. Thanks for the replies everyone. Any other comments? I love hearing them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts