Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, this is my completed first vivarium. Please leave opinions and suggestions. Let me know what you think I should put in it! I'm considering nominat imitators, variabilis, or maybe a type of pumilio.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm honestly really not sure. I guess it depends on what I can find and how the deal is. I think variabilis are a better group frog than imitators, so that may be a factor. Pumilios are so expensive, but we'll see what happens. Which would you recommend for my first darts?

If I could have anything, it'd be a pair of benedicts ; ). But that's more than unlikely.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'd do an imitator locale (nominant or Varadero) but I'm biased!

Your viv looks very nice, but any of those frogs would love to have some more bromeliads (and that will help use up the empty space).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't be surprised if I go with nominats. Would you do a pair or group? (I've heard of aggression with that type.) Yea, I know I'm going to check out the classifieds for some brom. I can't wait for everything to start growing in more.

Here's another pic, I just moved a piece of driftwood around to replicate another layer.

https://mail-attachment.googleuserc...626&sads=3IAEhnODH22RPseiYYYjNrUAcmM&sadssc=1

·
Registered
623 Posts
I would do a pair. Although I am having success with a group I have, I still think it is easier to do a pair so you don't have to worry about aggression, especially if they are your first frogs.

You can also check places like Lowes, Home Depot, etc for cheap bromeliads in winter--just clean them very well.

PS. Link isn't working, we would have to log in to see it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll try to reload it, I'm still getting used to how the forum works.

I figured if I got a group I would spend about the same amount as I would on a pair. (Although I do always hear of people getting a group, and then they dwindle to a pair.) So I figured I could put some in a ten gallon if they fight. I still have time before I introduce anything to the viv. Still have to do springtails and let the plants fill out a bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts