Dendroboard banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Once the Tads break out of their jelly, I use a turkey baster to transport them into 16 oz. containers with water and a small piece of Indian almond leaf.

Edit: Forgot to add, 1 tad per 16 oz. container.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Once the Tads break out of their jelly, I use a turkey baster to transport them into 16 oz. containers with water and a small piece of Indian almond leaf.

Edit: Forgot to add, 1 tad per 16 oz. container.
Honestly, how you decide to raise your tads is your choice. Everyone does things differently. I do the same technique as heatfreak, but I add the tad to the 16oz cup with tad tea, java moss, and a piece of indian almond leaf. I also raise tads in a overflow tad tank communally. Since you only have 2 tads, then you'd probably want to keep them seperate to give them the best chance to morph into a froglet. Research how others have raised their tads and try to formulate specifications on how you want to rear your tadpoles.

-Chris

Reactions: jnfr4mom

·
Premium Member
Cobalts, Azureus, Green & Bronze Auratus, Northern Variabilis, Leucomelas & Vanzolinis
417 Posts
Congrats on your tads! Are they from the pair that you got from me?

Since I raise quite a few tads, I put them into an inexpensive tackle box with dividers. See my link: http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/breeding-eggs-tadpoles/41766-tad-storage-solution.html

When I was just raising a couple of tads, I put them into empty plastic baby food containers. I change out the water when it becomes fouled. I feed them crushed, flaked fish food and a tiny bit of spirulina. I've tried HBH tadpole bites, but have never had a tad eat one! As they grow, they really like to eat frozen blood worms.

When they pop their front legs, I take them out of the tackle box and put them into a small container (like the small Glad container that I shipped the parents in). I fill it half-way up with water and add moss that will stick up above the waterline. I put this container into my grow out viv. Stop feeding the tads (they will get energy from reasorbing their tails). When they are ready, they will climb out of the water and onto the moss. They will dive back down into the water when frightened. In a couple of days, they will leave the moss and small container behind and begin to explore their grow out tank. They are now ready to eat fruit flies.

Good luck with your babies!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts