Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i was peeking into my green and bronze auratus tank a minute ago and noticed a tad on the males back! So exciting! I have never had tads before so i have no idea what to do besides what i have read on here. my first reaction was to fill a dish of water up throw some leaf litter and some driftwood chunks in it so he has a place to deposit the tad...was i right in this thinking? there is no water feature in this tank and its pretty flat so no puddles...i have no idea where the eggs are at or if theres more or i would pull em and put em in some water...So i guess my question would be what should i do?!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thats awesome congrats did you have any water in there for them to transport to?

·
Registered
211 Posts
John,
Could you post pictures of your enclosure or describe exactly what you have in it. Do you have plants which retain water? You are going to want to add a water dish for the tads to be deposited in. Once they are deposited I would remove them and raise them yourself. This is just my opinion, others on here my have some other options for you. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. Good luck with the tads and congrats!

Jim

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well as far as water goes in the tank there was no water feature but when I saw the male with a tad a grabbed a dish and filled it up with ro water put some leaf liter in the water and a piece of drift wood sticking half way out sorta like a bridge so the male could get in and out easy...there's no broms that hold much water in there..so as far as plants with pools of water not so much. Its a 29 gallon with pothos, wondering jew, a couple tillys, dracula orchid, and lots of spike moss along with a couple other unkown plants. The bottom is a couple inch layer of leca with no see mesh to separate a couple inches of the substarte wich is plantation soil then covered in sphagnum moss wich has mostly come back to life the some scattered leaf litter. Hope this describes the setup well. I can take some pics when I get home from work. Also when do the tads need to start eating? And what should I feed them?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey congratulations! That's awesome. First tads are always the most exciting! You are on the right track with the water dish. Your frogs will figure out what to do next. I would go ahead and feed it. It may have been hatched out for sometime and feeding it isn't going to hurt anything.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. So I guess I'll put a little food in there for the tads. What should I feed them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts