Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only recently received a trio of rio guaramo and was told there may be some tadpoles in the water I never saw any and the first group of tadpoles laid since I have had them should be transported any day now but there was at least on tadpole in the water and it decided to emerge today. Sorry for the pic of him turned away and the grey iso on its foot. It is much larger then I had expected I am hoping to have success and will keep eveyone posted.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Congrats! Here's to many more to come! Sweet little frogs.

Take care, Richard.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know what species they are they were sold to me as dwarf greys

·
Premium Member
3,661 Posts
hells yea!
keep the springs coming.

james
Yeah tremendous amounts of springtails (hopefully a couple of kinds) for a couple of months are gonna be essential, those dwarf gray isos do a good job of reproducing in tanks and feeding small pum froglets with the young also.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well the first one out of the water is a dud it doesn't have use of its front left leg although it is still eating and very active it just drags its leg behind it. But there are more very close to coming out of the water and a group that just went in.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I supplement daily with repashy calcium plus icb and once a week with repashy supervite and an occasional repashy superpig (old formula) I have had the trio for just over a month now. I saw the new vita A that repashy has out and was thinking of adding that to the mix .....any recommendations are appreciated

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I feed daily with wingless melanogaster raised on joshs frogs formula. I add fresh isopods and springs ever other day. The adults are very fast to eat and always get the dusted flies I even saw the froglet try to eat one yesterday but spit it out but I have seen him take springtails.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was reading about how vitamin A is very important in muscular development would it be recommended to add to the rotation even with the use of a multi vitamin ?

·
Registered
776 Posts
For that group of frogs I would supplement the Vitamin A into the diet. With this morph the froglets tend to come out very small and weak. Vitamin A could be a difference maker

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
vitamin a has been ordered any recommendations on how often to supplement once a week bi weekly? has anyone tried liquid vitamins to help them get past the first few months or maybe even a drop in the brom water once a week to help initial development. Just a thought

·
Premium Member
3,661 Posts
Do a search on Ed's posts about it, it's easy to OD them on it (especially since there's some in the Repashy ICB), if I remember right he posted some maximum frequency recommendations in a couple of posts

1 - 20 of 50 Posts