Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there,this is my first post on dendroboards.i keep a few snakes and a bosk.this is my first attempt at a paulidarium.the viv is 4' long 18" deep 3' high.water will fill the bottom of the viv and be 4" deep.here are some pics of my progress so far.the site looks great im shure i'll get all the info i need on here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As you can see the pool is on the right.the water will run under the land section of the paulidarium..I'm going to keep mossey frogs in it and I'm worried they might swim under the land section and not be able to get back to the pool and out.would I be better to divide the pool from the area under the land with mesh or something?
Thanks.
Eoin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I haven't heard of matala before..I googled it and a place in greece came up.is it a sort of foam?

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
You could use a piece of drift wood and/or pieces of shale, and just use black expanding waterfall foam if you can find some where you are. You can use the light colored stuff too that you used for the rest of the tank, black is just easier to hide and can carve it to look like rock.

Basically you just put whatever you want as your shoreline there, and then use the foam to seal it into place, and plug the gaps so frogs don't get under the false bottom. You can jam a coat hanger through the foam when you are done to allow the false bottom water to fill the poind or lay down straws first before you do the shoreline so water will flow through your shoreline into the pond but still be frog safe. This is how I do all my ponds. The pics in my 2 flickr galleries in my signature may be helpful.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys..that is good info that I will put into practice.your paulidarium pics look great..they've given me some other ideas also.

Eoin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts