Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught one of my Vent Tads climbing the glass today! And 3 others perching about 3/4 out of the water at the same time! About 5 have their front legs out, and no signs of SLS yet on any of them. They all still have quite a tail though (except that one climbing today), but I expect them to start hopping out soon enough.

If they wouldnt jet under water right when I look in the tank I would get some pics up :) but yall know how kids can be.

Any words of advice on housing etc are much appreciated in the meantime. My current housing is the tank that they are morphing in, which is about 10x4 inches of land with a Pothos in the center, and a 2" deep mote around the edges that has tons of leaves and java moss packed around to hide in (sloped up as to give them accessibility out of the water; no fear of drowning).

If this sounds too risky though, let me know!

·
Registered
121 Posts
What water temp did you keep them at ? What type of water have you used ?
(bottled, well water, treated tap). I have about twenty vents that are morphing out but they all apear to have sls, at least the first six have.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
temp is generally between 76 and 79 (78 on average though). and I use RO water with RO Right and neutral buffer added to it.

sorry to hear about the SLS. I have plenty more Vents coming, so I am sure I will see it soon enough. Fingers are crossed that I dont though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts