Dendroboard banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Hi B.,

Those are some pretty babies! I'm sure you won't have any problems going forward.

Take care, Richard.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Congrats! You must be so happy! Those are some cute babies!
Out of curiosity...how many clutches were affected before these guys?

·
Registered
915 Posts
wonderful,and we concur so cute,WELDONE YOU gotta add thanks for posting total treat to see them goodonya for preservering
Stu and Shaz

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had 2 clutches with about 6 that had severe SLC. I changed over the vitamins to the Rapashy calcium plus and only feed them with spirulina and occasionally a few blood worms and I've been good ever since.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
just curious, when you discovered they had SLS, what aside from vitamins did you do different? Did you mist more, or heavier for longer durations? Did you change or add substrate? Bill

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Didn't do anything else different, just the vitamins and I stopped rotating fish flakes in my tadpole feeding rotation. I just do straight up Spirulina and occasionally a blood worm or 2 when we give them to our fish. I also do water changes once a week. I read in a few posts that generally the first batch or 2 of eggs may be bad.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I follow what another member does on here, I saw him speak at Frog Day in NY and he has been in the hobby a lot longer then I have. I still do the same water changes once a week and haven't had any problems since my first 2 sets of eggs; which were laid super close together. I've had 2 batches come out fine and another one their way out of water which look just as good. I honestly believe it was the vitamins I was using.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts