Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I know Im putting together another tank just for the colbalts. It will be done next week just picked these guys up from the NARBC expo, got them really cheap and had to get them. lol

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Jordan,
Great size tank for tinc's, and I would seperate them asap, and throw any eggs, that you might find while they were together. Bromeliads in the tank look very nice, but for all the tinc's I have, I don't have one bromeliad in any of their tanks. I usually put in a lot of wood for places to hide behind completely out of sight, and climb onto, also great place to drop the FF's, and the coco hut is not enough. Plus, you don't want them thinking the coco hut is a place to hide. I also use a lot plants for cover also. I have a small water area, a small dish is okay but looks tacky, as they do soak in it before & after breeding, and then leaf litter or moss. Hope this helps.

Bill Finley
Portland, Maine

Reactions: Scott

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bill
Thanks brother for the tips, yes I def plan on separating them asap haha I know they all need there territory grounds. but I keep a close eye on them and make sure they are doing good. they seem to do well for know.

Jordan

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just watch to make sure everyone is eating well. You may not actually see any fighting, but it could still be going on. Some good, easy, cheap plants to put in your tank are heart-shaped philodendrons and pathos. They will creep along putting out tons of leaves for the frogs to hide under, or (as my male Nikita does) display on top of. All you have to do is cut a piece off and stick it in the dirt. This species of dart is recommended to only be in pairs; they are territorial, especially females.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts