Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I came home to discover my Blue auratus had layed a clutch of 8 eggs! :D
Here's a quick iPhone pic of them:

I haven't pulled them out of the viv yet to make sure they've been fertilized. How do they look?

·
Registered
596 Posts
it's hard to tell how they look in that pic. Congrats! My blue/black auratus laid 10 clutches last summer, and yet I saw (and heard) the male calling for the first time ever twice this week.

You'll know if they go bad. It's really obvious if they mold over. If they don't mold, by day 4 or so you will start to see development of a tad. I also always leave them in for 24 hours to make sure the male does his job.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, I know! Here are some better pictures of them.
(Oh, and in all my excitement, I mis-counted them - there's 7 eggs.)

Day 1 - 4/10:

Day 3 - 4/12:

And today:

Yay!! Looking good so far!!! :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok guys, here's a little update on their progress! They're growing so quick!

Day 5:

Day 6:

Day 7:

Day 8 (tonight):

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And here are some pictures of the parents:

·
Registered
684 Posts
You should put alittle water in the petri dish. Ive had some tads break out early with vains still out of them.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You should put alittle water in the petri dish. Ive had some tads break out early with vains still out of them.
It's hard to tell from the pics but there is water in the dish - just enough to half-way submerge them. Added some tadpole tea yesterday too. Whoa, I didn't know that some can hatch early like that - Thanks for the tip, I'll keep an eye out for that! ;)

·
Registered
527 Posts
awesome frogs and awesome photos! congrats on the kiddies.

-brett

·
Registered
684 Posts
Yeah best of luck, it get really exciting when you start to see their colors coming in. But thats not for another 1.5 months

·
Registered
122 Posts
Cute tads and beautiful mommies/daddies! :)

I'm hoping to start with breeding azureus by getting my father a sexed pair for Father's Day. I can't wait til I can see them grow up into little froglets! :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everybody!! I really appreciate all the complements! :D

funny, mine are almost exactly the same age, look just like that, first one broke out today :)
Awesome! A few hours ago my first one broke out! Then 2 more, and now I'm waiting on the other 4. I wish I could stay up all night waiting for them!
I'll be posting some more pics soon!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've got tadpoles!!!
All 7 have hatched and are now living in their tadpole containers. The other 4 finally broke out tonight, just a few hours ago. They're all looking good so far! :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts