Dendroboard banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After months of waiting, I've finally received my R. Uakarii "Gold Legged". Pictures do not do these little fellas justice. I'm utterly in love with the metallic sheen to their orange bits, and tbh I was expecting yellow legs, but these suckers shine and dazzle.

They've been in their new home about an hour now, and seem to be getting settled in. 1 of them has gone to hide, but the one by the marcgravia seems to be loving his new digs.

Https://imgur.com/gallery/JaSqyih

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
After months of waiting, I've finally received my R. Uakarii "Gold Legged". Pictures do not do these little fellas justice. I'm utterly in love with the metallic sheen to their orange bits, and tbh I was expecting yellow legs, but these suckers shine and dazzle.

They've been in their new home about an hour now, and seem to be getting settled in. 1 of them has gone to hide, but the one by the marcgravia seems to be loving his new digs.

Your pictures don't seem to load for me for some reason. Weird.

I love my "standard" uakarii. Such fun little frogs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Your pictures don't seem to load for me for some reason. Weird.

I love my "standard" uakarii. Such fun little frogs.
Hmm.. I had used the embed picture function but it doesnt seem to be working... I did edit the OP though so itll hopefully at least link. Good catch!

Out of curiosity, are you able to hear the call of yours? They both seem to be warbling their throat sacks, but I'm not hearing anything.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Hmm.. I had used the embed picture function but it doesnt seem to be working... I did edit the OP though so itll hopefully at least link. Good catch!

Out of curiosity, are you able to hear the call of yours? They both seem to be warbling their throat sacks, but I'm not hearing anything.
They're pretty quiet. It sounds like a buzz. I can distinctly pick the sound out when the male is calling.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, all I can do is wait and see then since I'm not hearing any calling, so I'm gonna hold out hope for a pair. Thanks fishingguy!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More for me than for yall:

The slightly smaller of the 2 has distinct hip bones showing, and is in a general sense "more narrow". The other is ever so slightly wider in the stomach, and seems to make a habit of vibrating one of its back toes.

I'm trying not to hover over them so they can get settled in, but its proving rather difficult.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I heard a very faint noise I thought was tinnitus, but after a moment I worked out it was coming from the viv.

So I got down to eye level, and the one on the right was on top of his ledge seemingly calling away. Unfortunately he hopped down while I was trying to get this pic

And here he is crawling around. This is the leaner one of the two

The other one seems to be more elusive so far

Apologies for the potato quality pics, my phones zoom isn't the best.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some observations:

Unexpectedly, the room fan (maybe 5' away) really triggers the male calling. I've tried shutting it off to hear better and he clams right up, but chatters away within seconds of it kicking on. It might just be the time of day when I turn on the fan but illndefinitelynne watching for this.

Ive also reached the conclusion I wasted time escaping the viv, seeing as how the mister tubing is the best seat in the house

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sounds sometimes get frogs calling. At one point I had many species of frogs and certain species would call to fans or knocking sounds. Probably wavelengths we cannot hear. Yep frogs chose the oddest spots to sit too haha.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
544 Posts
I had a White’s tree frog as a kid that would get set off playing Goldeneye.

Can’t wait to see more of their gorgeous fancy leggies.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had a White’s tree frog as a kid that would get set off playing Goldeneye.

Can’t wait to see more of their gorgeous fancy leggies.
That's so wild!

Will a belly pic do instead?

I hear calling :D :D

Look closely at the brom

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's been awhile so I'm gonna share some updates. This is the current state of the tank as of this morning.

I was able to get a piece of cork that fits much better in the area I needed it to. The purple brom here has started a second pup (just barely breaking its base), and dying back pretty hard. I'm not too hopeful either pup will be large enough to survive at the rate its started dying. The slugs have been ravaging the first pup.

Here is a rare shot of both of them out and about at the same time.

A few days ago, these tiny jelly masses popped up in one of the broms. I'm still not entirely convinced they are eggs, I expected small but not the size of a melano. (3 o'clock in the center)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There are 2 more a bit further in the brom, I just couldn't get a decent picture. I'm horrible with a cam and settled for the one okay shot. Lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts