Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok with some helpful info from a few people Im thinking for my first frog R. ventrimaculata

I have an 18x18x24 tree top style viv (there is a ground area and a small pond area)

So obviously I need and arboral frog

I cant decide between the Amazonicus or the Blackwater
both have stunning color BUT what one is the better starter frog?

I still have about a months worth of work to finish the Viv so im getting the details of the frogs early for preporation.

How many frogs in this size tank? (lots of plants branches vines and hides)

Hoping to see local sales at the Expo next mo. but have my doubts.

Already getting new plant growth and the guys at work tease me because I dont watch tv I watch the new leaves sprout BAHHH what do they know LOL
Thanks everyone for any information pased.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i say u try one and see wut its like but if u are going to the frog fest on the 13-16 or what ever it is down in new york ask for christian walters he is my dad and he will hook u up with a good starter it is a blue and black frog called an azereus it is very easy to breed and raise his dendroboard is Catman25

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the offer Catman...
But I dont have the propper tank for a Azereus and I live in Texas so thats a long drive for a reptile show :eek:

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
I have Amazonicus and love them. Much bolder than I expected. I keep their tank seeded with springtails and feed them some melanogaster ffs every day or so. They don't need a ton of flies, as they are tiny little frogs. You won't believe how tiny until you see one in person. :p

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Frogface for the encouraging words.
How many do you have in your tank?
How big is your tank?
Were did you get your Amazonicus?
Are they breadding yet ?
Can you link me to a pic of your tank?

Thanks a ton again for the input!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts