Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my first attempt at a dart viv. The S. unicata is growing out of control. The two center plants I have no idea what they are but they won't die and seem to love neglect :lol: The brom was recently added and perked up right when I put it in. I need to fill the cracks in the cork bark with some sphangum as I found one of the auratus back there chillin'. Im planning to add java moss to the water portion and am looking for a 'shrub like' plant to add behind the coco hut. Any ideas, I am looking for more color.

Well what do you think? I posted pics of the layout but this does it way more justice.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FrogKid said:
Cool auratus, may I suggest some more green? Like pillow moss or something. :)
-Paul
Thanks Paul, All my other tanks are all green. I wanted to get some more color, especially as this tank has the most light. The unicata has some nice reds and browns, but its 99% green. The brom has a red flower, it just hasn't produced yet. I also don't think pillow moss will grow in my tank. I am going to add java moss to the front right water portion, I think that will 'green' things up a little more.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
amphibianfreak said:
How about a creeping fig for the background?
I am going to see how much the selaginella spreads over the back cork bark, its starting to imbed itself in now. I like the contrast, truthfully, I don't want to put a ton of plants in. After the java moss I just want one more behind the coco hut, after it grows a little we'll see, but its already crowded. Plus I have creeping fig in my crested tank, thats enough of it for me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got some new plants finally :)

Java moss in the water section and some other plant behind the coco hut. The selaginella is spreading over the back wall slowly but surely. Do you think it still needs more green?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts