Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I've been lurking for a while enjoying some amazing photos and information so far.

I breed geckos but recently got into the dart frog hobby with a few pickups from Black Jungle. I wanted to share what I built over the last few nights. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I've heard they are called mourning geckos because they are parthinogenic, but I don't see the connection. I thought that it might be because they make mourning cries but all mine do is click or chirp.

Your tank is pretty - those plants are nice. The begonia (on the right, right?) is great.

My first viv was for mourning geckos too. I will say that mine spend NO time on the ground - one dens inside a brom (she thinks she's a dart) and the other two live inside hollow cholla wood that I have suspended using great stuff. After the lights go out, they all hang out near the top. I think you need some additional features that allow them to use the vertical space since they aren't especially terrrestrial.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback! Not sure why they are called mourning geckos, actually.

After the photo I've added dried willow branches, they are pretty curly and go about the cage. It makes it feel cluttered but I agree, the more space for these guys to stay high the better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts