Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So I've been reading these forums for months and I've finally finished my 10g vert. It's a false bottom but the gravel along the glass is to hide the vertical pieces of egg crate, as I did a box (if you look at the picture with just the wood, it isn't a box - I re-did that)

Background is GS + black silicone + coco fiber

The wood...I actually got it on eBay a few months ago and it's just been sitting in my room giving me ideas here and there. I love how it looks like a tree, so I decided to go vertical with it to maximize its lines.

The plant at lower left is a mini watermelon pep.

The fern is a resurrection fern - half of it is in the film canister, the other parts are actually planted into the cracks of the wood, which is pretty cool.

The plant in the center is a ficus but it lost a few leaves :(. Hope it will be okay. It should be, it was sitting in that god awful black soil with white stones in it, and now it's planted in ABG mix. Should be okay.

The two large broms are from tropiflora (pepper and chiquita linda), and the small one (mini fireball) is from T&C terrariums, as is the fern.

Let me know what you guys think! I want to add some more red in here so I have another small fireball coming and I'm thinking of placing it on the left side glass. I have some foam left over that I emptied out of the can so I can carve that up and silicone it to the glass and have a little ledge with a plant. Not 100% sure if it's what I want to do.

Also, I have a 10x10 sheet of moss from Black Jungle waiting, and I'm trying to decide if I should use that and where. Suggestions?

Also have some jungle pods waiting for silicone to dry inside that should be going in tomorrow.

Finally, I have a cissus discolor growing in another tank. Is this tank too small for it? I think so, but can't hurt to ask. I just want everything to be green, ya know?

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, love the wood. This should look awesome when it grows in. How 'bout spreading some java moss over the wood? That could look nice if it got covered in it :)
I've got some of that black jungle moss so i put a few patches around the slope on the right side...do you think that's going to do just as well, or would java moss look more awesome?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also, if you guys have any plant recommendations for this, feel free to tell me. I know the real estate in here is limited, but I plan on doing another 10g after finals :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts