Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is our very first baby Varadero. The parents are from Sean Stewart. We have three more in a grow-out tank and many tads on their way. Most of them have a lot of black and blue and not much orange. Is this common for young Varaderos? Will they color in? Either way we are pumped. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Awesome!! I'm picking a couple of these up from Bill Schwinn next week. Can't wait!!

Would love to see a pic of your grow out set up...

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Looks nice! Colors and patterns can change some, but if I had to guess, that particular froglet will have a lot of "blue lightning" to him.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!

Looks nice! Colors and patterns can change some, but if I had to guess, that particular froglet will have a lot of "blue lightning" to him.
Doug, Thanks for the heads up. I had one morph out the other day that is nearly all black and blue. Looks very cool. I will try to get pic of him.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Congrats on the young.....I have had them vary quite a bit from a lot of orange to a lot of blue....So far they(18 froglet/juvie) have not changed much in 4 months with their pattern so I would assume that what they look like now is most likely what they will stay.....

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Thanks guys!

Doug, Thanks for the heads up. I had one morph out the other day that is nearly all black and blue. Looks very cool. I will try to get pic of him.
Sweet, Id like to see that!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Gotta lover veraderos. Your shots give great perspective on how small they are. Thanks for sharing. I second pumilos request for a shot of the black an blue one you have.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Cool looking frogs. They are my next on my list

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome!! I'm picking a couple of these up from Bill Schwinn next week. Can't wait!!

Would love to see a pic of your grow out set up...
We use a 1.5 gallon tank with sphagnum, fresh plant cuttings and a lot of springtails. Everyday we put in a few dusted melanos for the larger frogs.

I have also attached a pic of our Varadero with just a little orange.

Great looking little froglet! Hopefully you will have a few if you make it down this way for a meet.
Wife says we have to keep a couple of the first born, but the rest I am more than happy to trade or sell. They are growing fast and should be ready for a new home in a couple more months.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Very nice! I predict the orange may fill out more through the head area and will get much brighter. I think the back will remain very high in "blue lightning". I think both the orange and the blue will get much brighter. Most of mine don't have large amounts of the blue lightning so I think it's really cool.
You can never tell for sure what the colors will do as they grow but Max and I have been watching ours morph out so this is an "experienced guess".

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Hi Eric,

So...cute...makes...me...want...to...cry! (lol).

Congrats on the babies. This is such a rewarding species to work with.

Take care, Richard.

We use a 1.5 gallon tank with sphagnum, fresh plant cuttings and a lot of springtails. Everyday we put in a few dusted melanos for the larger frogs.

I have also attached a pic of our Varadero with just a little orange.

Wife says we have to keep a couple of the first born, but the rest I am more than happy to trade or sell. They are growing fast and should be ready for a new home in a couple more months.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts