Dendroboard banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed today, that my four have been sneaky. I found two babies, one it the highest and one in the lowest broms.

Below are one of the two babies (I've discovered) and one of the parents. Not the best quality, but I don't want to disturb them too much right now :)

Attachments

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Congrats!! I love how one of the parents is watching you..."That's close enough!!"

·
Registered
393 Posts
Congrats on the new additions. Sometimes surprises are nice!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! They're both doing well, left the axels a few days ago, and I've seen them once or twice since they've all but vanished into the leaf litter. Lol... pulling them in a few months is definitely going to be a challenge :D

·
Registered
580 Posts
Thanks everyone! They're both doing well, left the axels a few days ago, and I've seen them once or twice since they've all but vanished into the leaf litter. Lol... pulling them in a few months is definitely going to be a challenge :D
As they get older they get much bolder IME, so by the time they are ready to be pulled you should be seeing them out and about often.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally had some free time today to clean the glass properly, and pull out my real camera (not my phone).

Here is the bolder of the two babies. Immediately after I was done, he came out of hiding again.

And here is a shot of one of the parents I took today I really liked :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice shots... how long have you had those frogs
I've had the four adults since Microcosm. I got them from the usual awesome breeder Darren Meyer :D

I'm especially happy that this bunch got to making babies in the most unlikely place of my house. All of my vivs are in my office, except theirs. I designed their viv to be a 360 degree view, at 20x20x30." I wanted it in a place where I and guests could see it.

The bastis initially hid at first (as 6 month olds usually do), but they quickly adapted to the traffic of the living room, the dogs running amok constantly pounding past, the TV and video games banging, or music playing, and laughter/constant conversation from the kitchen and dining room. You can almost always see at least two out, and much of the time all four of them.

The nifty thing about this, for me at least, is wherever these babies go (as I intend on parting with them in roughly 5-6 months), is they will be completely used to sound, movement, and vibration, so they too will likely be able to be kept in a more traffic filled place and not care as many do.

The remainder of my frogs are often shy and reclusive. You can get close, but not too close or they hop into the foliage and hide (in general). Some I almost never see, but I at least get to enjoy the song of them. When I sit at my desk long enough, I just become another part of the room, so they all come out... or at feeding time ;)

Anyway, just wanted to share this fun fact, that I have some of the few well socialized to human activity bastis I've ever know of, and I'm happy about that. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts