Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, just want to say when I post this I can’t get a photo in because I’m building my bed. But anyways I left my house for a couple of hours today and my fireball is a little grey under the leaves. I didn’t have time to spray it because I was in a rush. Now you may be wondering, oh shouldn’t it be full and take 30 seconds? It wasn’t and I was going to be late so I wasn’t worried because it was already humid. My light is a Zoomed LED light. Forget how much watts it is but I can update later. Anyways suggestions?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Hey, just want to say when I post this I can’t get a photo in because I’m building my bed. But anyways I left my house for a couple of hours today and my fireball is a little grey under the leaves. I didn’t have time to spray it because I was in a rush. Now you may be wondering, oh shouldn’t it be full and take 30 seconds? It wasn’t and I was going to be late so I wasn’t worried because it was already humid. My light is a Zoomed LED light. Forget how much watts it is but I can update later. Anyways suggestions?
Really hard to help without a picture. Bromeliads are tough. They can deal without water in their cups for quite a while with or without humidity. And bounce back really quickly when dehydrated and "crispy". Post a pic and hopefully one of us can help.

·
Registered
507 Posts
That plant is a Cryptanthus- a terrestrial bromeliad. Like most bromeliads they don’t like to be wet all the time, but unlike epiphytic bromeliads, they don’t like water on their crowns.

Most cryptanthus varieties seem to have grey scaly leaf undersides- kind of like Tillandsia sp. (which are also bromeliads). The scales won’t be apparent when wet (like Tillandsias).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts