Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Azureus, Imitator Varadero, Blue Jeans
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished a dual 15 gallon tank build for ranitomeyas. I put in some mosses, sonerila sp., selaginella, and baby tears at the bottom. Some bromeliads and orchids planted above, but I still feel like there is some things missing. I know the plants need time to grow in to feel natural but I feel like I'm missing some elements. All opinions welcome on what I sbould add.

They will be housing ranitomeya veradero on one side and the other, highland sirensis.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think it's fine as is.
I really like the information cards you made! Exactly like a zoo.

You could add some macgravia or ficus pumila to the background to add a hint of green.
Ranitomeya species seem to love it as well and it helps with keeping the humidity.

·
Super Moderator
2,637 Posts
For the sirensis, they're likely to be quite shy. What I've had success with is taking a part of a coconut, cutting it so that there's a ring of coconut (I can go take a picture when my frog lights come on today) and use this as the spot that I feed the frogs. Several of my group hang around this spot most of the day waiting for food, this means I get to see the frogs on a regular basis.

The other thing i would suggest is a thick layer of leaf litter, both sets of frogs will use it to forage through.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Looks great. My Varaderos love my marcravia. I think you could even add a couple more Bormeliads as they love those. You could plant a jewel orchid, begonia, or a fern or something at the bottom if there's room.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I think you need some mall leaved vines, both climbing and cascading. For climbing, Marcgravia fits the bill. For cascading I think that one of the Solanum vines would be a good choice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My solanum is a climber. And a pretty fast grower. I really love the color it adds to my Eurydactylodes tank. Is it going to cascade when it reaches the top?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts