Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I started this thread just to get some ideas. Currently I'm setting up a 38 gallon for my frogs that will eventually have a small stream and I would like to add plants that will go well in this type of humid environment. I just got in four Tillandsia yesterday by ordering them from a website called Air Plant City, they were cheap, and even better came in great condition. I also have one Bromeliad and a type of Ficus, I got these two at my local Lowes. In my current tank I started off with Pothos. That was a bad idea because I feel like I'm working harder to keep that plant from not over growing and taking up all the space for my frogs. The Pothos has managed to kill every other plant I try to add just because of the amount of roots. and it is way over powering. Are there any other plants you think would be a good addition?

~BMcDarts:)

·
Registered
610 Posts
The first question is what kind of frogs are going in the viv? That will help us answer your question to the best of our abilities.

Also some photos of the tank and your current plants wouldn't hurt.

Finally I recommend installing a fan if you're going to put tilly in thank. Search "air circulation" or "internal Fan". I usually use the advanced search and search titles only. Most tilly prefer air movement and less humidity so I would also place them at the top.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
The first question is what kind of frogs are going in the viv? That will help us answer your question to the best of our abilities.

Also some photos of the tank and your current plants wouldn't hurt.

Finally I recommend installing a fan if you're going to put tilly in thank. Search "air circulation" or "internal Fan". I usually use the advanced search and search titles only. Most tilly prefer air movement and less humidity so I would also place them at the top.
This is one of the threads pantman is referring too.

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/parts-construction/66545-internal-air-circulation.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts