Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys know where you can get ficus pumila or any other type of creeping ficus that grows well on backgrounds?
Or for that matter any other creper that grows well on coco fiber backgrounds (u know where you put the silcone on the great stuff and then the fiber on the silicone)? My Lowes doesn't have any creeping ficus and i cant really find it anywhere.
Right now I have an ivy called "small leaf green royal Hustler" or Hedera helix. Has anyone ever used this before? Do you think it will grow because it doesn't seem to be doing anything?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Most of the online tropical plant people like black jungle and t and c terrariums should have them. I have a crap-load if you want cuttings. I use them to cover coco-panels in my vertical tanks and it completely covers the back. They are awesome.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have one of my variabilis tank in its early stages so none of the plants are grown in well but the ficus has since covered the entire back wall. I will try and get a good pic asap.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I've seen creeping fig at Lowe's as well. Same price as Black Jungle's I believe but larger clump. Really doesn't matter on sze, as mentioned before it goes crazy, probably need 1 plant for your tanks if you give it a few weeks/months haha.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually bought one in kroger (grocery store) last month. They had a whole bunch of mother's day plants out and there it was, an 8" bursting with ficus P. for 8.99. I was happy. Ask around at any place that has a florist for "angel exotics" really common here in the midwest, and i am sure that anyone could order a specific plant for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts