Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got totally caught off guard today. After opening the tub to feed my pair of yellow mantellas I couldn't find them. Normally they are out and waiting for food like the little pigs they are. I started shifting a few thing around and they both popped out from under a leaf and left a little surprise behind. I am pretty stoked because I never expected to get any eggs out of these guys until I added a few more males. I sure hope they are fertile!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Awesome! I love eggs :D
First clutch?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Congrats, that is very cool!. I hope they hatch out & morph out for you. Good luck.
Steve

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: I don't think that it is looking too promising. They eggs have been there since Sunday and I am still not seeing much development other than they appear to have expanded a bit. They have not clouded up or gone moldy yet though.

With regards to breeding mantellas, if you have multiple males in a tank will they all make an attempt at fertilizing a batch of eggs? I have read in a couple of places that males of the yellow/golden group apparently don't have the best success rate for fertilization and I was wondering if more males would help increase those chances, or if several males are just helpful to initiate breeding in the first place?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts