Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm happy to report that I have tadpoles from the imported Pumilio (green/blue) and the female is raising them. It has taken a while due to their quarantine taking longer than I expected but I am thrilled none the less. I don't want to jinx myself by talking about it before they morph but (knock on wood) they seem to be doing well. Anyone else having success?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Congrats. I know a few people have reported eggs, some also reporting that the parents are caring for them, although I've yet to hear if someone has gotten their first froglet.

I got some eggs from my almirantes but I think they were infertile as I've heard no calling. :(

G

·
My first came out tonight. Total suprise. Never saw an egg or egg rearing behavior. Saw him poke out of the brom water and climb a a few steps up the brom leaf. Male does call ALL the time.

It was a sweet suprise!!! 8)

G

·
Congrats Blake! Great news from you as well, Will. My pair of almirante are caring for a few tads at the moment as well. I saw her carrying 2 tads at once and the third was caried some time later. Let's hope for the best with these guys!

-Bill J.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been working off & on with frogs for the past ten years and I remember a time when almost all of the imported pumilio would die within a few months. I think that the success that we are having speaks volumes about how far the quality of imports and the knowledge of proper husbandry have come. Not to say that some of us weren’t successful back in those days or that there were no quality imports but a larger number of us today seem to be getting things right. It is just exciting to see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts