Dendroboard banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So incase you haven't read any of my other posts, less than 24hrs after receiving my frogs (Cobalt Tinctorius) in the mail they laid 16 healthy eggs which are all healthy tadpoles that are 7 weeks old now. But since then my male wanted nothing to do with the female, for the past 8 weeks she's been courting with him everyday, following and touching him until she gets the hint and leaves him alone. I thought maybe they were just getting used to their surroundings and that probably was indeed part of it. Two weeks ago I noticed my male was definitely skinnier than when I got him. So I started feeding more fruit flies, I was already feeding them flies daily and of course dusting vitamins and calcium but the amount of flies varied, i would guestimate anywhere between 50-150 flies a day for them to split. I read posts where people would feed every other day or every few days so I thought that was more than enough. Once I started feeding more flies they laid 9 eggs of Jan 7th. 8 of which molded over after some development and I have one left that doesn't look so hot. Soooo I started feeding crickets (their diet before they were shipped to me) and still some flies every day. The male now has a better weight to him and yesterday they laid 10 eggs!

I wondered if the first 9 eggs that weren't good were bad because maybe the female held them too long before laying them? Whats your opinion on this?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts