Dendroboard banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Those are realy, REALY good and cool photos!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Finally got 5 of this guys in the vivarium a couple of weeks ago. Should be a 3.2 and they are calling all the time. Took the chance to grab some proper pics this weekend after a bit of glass cleaning. ;)

Un compaesano! I'm getting ready to get the same frogs in December in Hamm, since I don't have many (if any) connections in Italy. Beautiful frogs, post more pics!

Saluti

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
You can get them From Ruud Schouten in Hamm. (Dutch Rana) Tell him I said hi :D

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Excellent pics.
I just released my gang into a full sized viv yesterday. They we still in grow cups because I raised them from tads. They were on my original list from 5 years ago. Great little froggies!

Reactions: Tijl

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
There are several breeders offering R. amazonica in Hamm.

I have to say that Dutch Rana is really expensive. Lots of breeders offer them for half the price.
Agreed, but the higher price commes with an advantage ; you get UE-line frogs with good bloodline.
Most R.Amazonica offered in the hobby are mix of different ventri's and other ranitomeya and or hybrids. Just like most the E. Anthonyi in the hobby are hybrids. Not that is is a problem, but I personlay dislike these older bloodlines.

Ofcourse there also is a lot of R.Amazonica offspring available from UE-frogs, I know a few breeders here that have offspring available. If Lucano wants them from hobby breeders, he can shoot me a PM. Can't promise him frogs , but I can get him in touch some Belgium and Dutch breeders.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your appreciations...those i got are originally from rana.nl indeed, they have the best quality offered here in EU, as far as i can understand from very positive comments you find in the hobby here.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Great photos. R. Amazonica Iquitos / Red are what I'd like for my 55 gallon long (120x40x55cm). How big is the vivarium you say you have 5 in? I'd like 6-8 in mine.

I wanted to buy from Rana but they won't sell to private buyers (and there's no way I can make it to Hamm from the UK). HobbyZoo Anura will though - are they reputable enough? I have no experience of them.

Thanks. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts