Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After such a long wait my Azureus finally arrived. He is so tiny!! Everyone say hello to Wellington.

Sorry for the bad quality

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations!!! He's beautiful! :D
I am extremely happy. I did manage to get him to eat about 10 FF but he has been hiding for most of the day. Could this simply be because he is in a new environment?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I am extremely happy. I did manage to get him to eat about 10 FF but he has been hiding for most of the day. Could this simply be because he is in a new environment?

Yep. You gotta resist the urge to keep checkin on him. You'll be seeing him a ton over the next few years, let the little guy settle in for a couple days.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep. You gotta resist the urge to keep checkin on him. You'll be seeing him a ton over the next few years, let the little guy settle in for a couple days.
Ah, okay. The fact that he is hiding just makes me want to check on him more because I feel as if though he is sick or something. I will resist checking on him and will only do so to feed and stuff....for now.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
he's gorgeous.

I'm laughing at you for being the worried frog parent, because I'm totally having the same issue about the three mourning geckos. I'm a hysterical, worried gecko mom.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Yea, leave him alone for a while. Let him get used to his new surroundings. Also make sure he has somewhere to hide from you. Does he have a hut? If not, just some thing that he can hide under.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
he's gorgeous.

I'm laughing at you for being the worried frog parent, because I'm totally having the same issue about the three mourning geckos. I'm a hysterical, worried gecko mom.
haha!! it is so easy to become the worried parent. I mean they seem so small and fragile. I want to make sure nothing goes wrong lol We can be hysterical parents together!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, leave him alone for a while. Let him get used to his new surroundings. Also make sure he has somewhere to hide from you. Does he have a hut? If not, just some thing that he can hide under.
There are some vines that he loves hiding in. There is also a hollow tree trunk segment that I thought he would use as his hut, but I have yet to see him go in there.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

trying to upload the pictures I took today....im a little slow lol

I also need to replace that fake vine in the background. I just put it in as a temporary thing since I removed some plants and it was looking sort of bare.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congratulations Mer....that's a beautiful froglet for sure.
Thank you! I am in love with my froglet. I am still fighting the temptation to keep checking up on him (I am simply assumings its male because I named it Wellington) :D

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Thank you! I am in love with my froglet. I am still fighting the temptation to keep checking up on him (I am simply assumings its male because I named it Wellington) :D
I was the same way with my "inferalanis" froglets...if I didn't see them for a little while I would get so paranoid. It was so hard not to go digging through the tank looking for them. Wellington is a great name, if it turns out to be a girl just call her Wellie:)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was the same way with my "inferalanis" froglets...if I didn't see them for a little while I would get so paranoid. It was so hard not to go digging through the tank looking for them. Wellington is a great name, if it turns out to be a girl just call her Wellie:)
Ha! My friend actually helped me think of the name. I am having an even harder time keeping my friends away from the tank. They think I don't want to share the frog love.

So the froglet is always hiding and im confused as to where to place the FFs when I feed it. I was lucky this evening that he was out of hiding for a brief moment.

EDIT: Also Wellie is a cute name in case he turns out to be a she.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Your best bet is to set up a feeding station with a piece of banana, will keep many of the flies in the same place so when Wellington gets hungry he will know where to go.

Heres an example:

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your best bet is to set up a feeding station with a piece of banana, will keep many of the flies in the same place so when Wellington gets hungry he will know where to go.

Heres an example:
Oh awesome! That is just what I did. I placed a bit of banana in there and some of the FFs that he didn't eat congregated around it. He didn't seem too interested but that might change once he gets hungrier. Wellington needs to stop pretending not to be hungry.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Oh awesome! That is just what I did. I placed a bit of banana in there and some of the FFs that he didn't eat congregated around it. He didn't seem too interested but that might change once he gets hungrier. Wellington needs to stop pretending not to be hungry.
It's stressed. Let him be and settle in. My Luec's took a few months to realize this big, giant thing approaching their pad was just the hand that feeds them. Now they come running when they hear the door open. :p :rolleyes: They are pretty comical!

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Congratulations on getting the most awesome dendrobatid. Azureus live in the forest understory, where there is a lot of leaf litter to hide in. It would be better to take the local mosses out and get a nice clean leaf litter for him to forage in.through.

Good luck and welcome to dart frogs, Richard.

Reactions: frogface
1 - 20 of 58 Posts