Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took over 4 years but I finally got to see Neo. Lillipuntia to bloom and what a good looking flower it has. The flower is white with a neon blue-purple top. Pretty large bloom for a brom that is only 2 inches tall (smaller than Neo Midget). I can post pics if anyone is intrested.

Danny

G

·
Ya the sad thing is that they seem to bloom for u the first time but never in my experience seem to bloom agaain. This happened with my tillandsandia (sp?), and the flowers were SO beutifull but then they dont seem to bloom again. It makes me kind of sad :cry:

·
Registered
986 Posts
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has to wait extended periods to get the liliputiana to bloom . . . I thought I was doing something wrong. All of my other broms have bloomed and pupped, but this one still hasn't after 2 years.

Congrats!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Arklier,

Most broms do die after flowering . . . but it usually takes a year or so for them to die, and they begin setting pups during that time.

G

·
I share your enthusiasm Danny. I recently had a N. mosquito bloom in my imitator viv. The flowers were a beautiful violet color. I didn;t do anything special to make it bloom though. Also, I'm still hoping that it pups as I'd love to keep this beautiful brom going.

-Bill J.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts