Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was think about putting this down on my egg crate for a couple reasons; one being little particles wont fall through like screen and two it creates another area for micro organisms. Its the type of foam used in fish filter, would like some thoughts on this please

·
Registered
274 Posts
I used filter foam myself. It is perfect for this! I would put this instead of egg crate.
I use a pump to get the water across the filter foam (as a filter).

·
Registered
436 Posts
have to consider what you're putting on it as far as weight goes. If it's a thin layer, that's one thing, but if it's a thick pad of it, you'll see it pushed down by anything (wood, primarily) heavy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That sounds like a great idea to me, especially using it as an access to the pump. I might try that on my next build. (this weekend) ;)

-Troy

·
Registered
274 Posts
I thought you used it to access the pump...
The bottom (except the water feature) consist of filter foam with epiweb on top of it. The water flows from the waterfall (right) through the filter foam back to the pump on the left side. So the filter foam is also my filter.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Should be able to get it at your local hardware store, its sold for making filters for air conditioners. I learned this trick for fish filter media a while back

1 - 10 of 10 Posts