Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looks in my dad's fridge and noticed he had a grocery bag full of film and I asked if I could have the film containers and my step mum said yes :)

so now I'm curious what do I use to attach the the suction cup to the container and also where would be the best places to put them...
and will 6 be enough?
what color...or angle?
these will be for a pair of imitators or some other thumbnail species.
I have looked at some threads but none really mention imitators...not even Kyles sticky thread about the placement, color, and water levels of containers

here is a pic of my tank for those who haven't seen it...where would be the best places to put them?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The care sheet for the imitators says at a 45 degree angle so I would do that and then experiment where you put the film canisters. Some on the ground and some on the glass in clusters. 6 will definelty be enough for a pair. As for how much, just a small puddle so that the eggs can be slightly covered.
Do I need to check it for an excess water from misting?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Forgot to mention, they may choose to lay eggs in some of the bromiliads, or other plants. If the broms don't hold good water, it would be a good idea to add a few canisters to hold water, and serve as tadpole deposition sites. Even when you provide a lot of egg laying sites, the frogs can find a way to hide a few clutches from time to time.
thanks...I have already made them and have the details on my construstion journal... http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/pa...rt-semi-n00b-viv-pic-heavy-15.html#post656948
here is a pic tho.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.